Yup. Hi. A lil bit about my stack & environment, I guess?
Java - I use this for most of my projects. And no, I am not over 30 years old. I just like Java in general, well-rounded language with a lot of libraries and frameworks.
Also definitely not a memory hog.
HTML, CSS, JS - I use this for my web projects. I am not a web developer, but I can make a website that looks okay.
Node.JS must die btw.
Yeah, not too impressive, I know.
- IDEs: JetBrains Intellij IDEA
- Code Editor: Visual Studio Code
- OS: Windows 11 on Desktop, Pop!ˍOS on Laptop
- GitLab - I use this dingus for version control & CI/CD. I use this GitLab instance for my projects primarily, don't post much on GitHub.
- GitHub Copilot - I feel handicapped without this at this point. Like, yeah. I can code without it, but it's so much easier with it.
- Docker - Yeah, all of my stuff runs in Docker containers.
- TailwindCSS - It's like CSS, but without the agonizing pain of writing CSS. Good stuff.
- Adobe XD, Lunacy - UI and visual design.
- Adobe Illustrator - For vector images (logos and stuff).
- GIMP - Editing images,
MS Paint - Do I even need to explain?
- Telegram - Yeah, it stinks, but UX is impeckable and all of my friends are there.
- Signal - For more personal stuff and stuff that needs to be secured.
- Matrix (self-hosted instance) - Matrix server with enabled federation and stuff like this. Mostly (only) used by me.
- Element - Modern Matrix client that runs on all of my devices.
- Protonmail - Use them as primary email provider. Also it hosts @rferee.dev, @rfs.pw and @rferee.vodka email addresses.
- Age Encryption - Primarily used by people to share stuff with me. If you need my public key, there you go.
- Veracrypt - For creating encrypted partitions / encrypting drives.
Hetzner - Hosts the main server (
rferee-dev-alpha) which runs... Well, almost everything.
- Scaleway - Used for DNS & transactional emails (e.g. registration emails and stuff). I believe their Object Storage (S3 compatible) is also used for backups? Not sure tho, maybe I removed it.
- GitLab - This instance of GitLab. Basically a centralized place for all the stuff I work on.
- Minio - File storage & endpoint for a Docker registry.
- Authentik - SSO for internal services.
- Portainer - Managing Docker containers.
- Grafana - Data visualization. Hey, it's pretty!
- Graylog - Centralized logging system for all the services. Also helps to comply with log retention period regularions and stuff.